Monday, July 6, 2009

The Australian Top 40 Best Dressed


I usually only buy the Australian on the weekend, for the mag and the Review section. But when strolling through the newsagent the other day I saw that they had a 40 Best Dressed List in their Wish Magazine, I snapped it up.

When I got home, I waited until I had some quiet and could sit on the sofa and thoroughly read the list. But I was quickly bored, quite quite bored. I do applaud the Australian for reaching out to assess a wider group of the stylish, rather than the standard socialites, singers and actors. Business people had their own section, as did couples and fashion people. Many of them I had never heard of. But my real problem was the limited photographs - one per person and most were not fully body shots. Many of the pictures really did not give a good sense of the individual's style and with only one per person, I struggled to fully appreciate why some of these people were nominated.

It was a more mature, inclusive, diverse list. But it wasn't exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment